To help you prepare for your tummy tuck recovery, you should consider the following guidelines:
- During your initial 30-day recovery period, you should expect to be in contact with your surgeon for regular follow-up appointments.
- In the days immediately following your surgery, your mobility will be very limited, so you should arrange for a friend or family member to assist you with everyday tasks.
- You will most likely be able to resume most normal activities, including returning to work and performing light exercise, during your second or third week of recovery.
- Sometimes patients experience swelling or redness several weeks after surgery, but this is perfectly normal.
- Tummy tuck scars can take several months to lighten in color, and sometimes continue to darken for several weeks before fading.
- Though the full results of a tummy tuck can reveal themselves over the course of several weeks, the length of your recovery will depend on your individual circumstances.
If at any time you think you are experiencing a complication, be sure to communicate with your surgeon immediately. During your initial consultation we will answer any specific recovery related questions you might have to help you prepare accordingly.
To find out more about tummy tuck recovery or to schedule your abdominoplasty procedure with our Phoenix cosmetic surgeon today, contact Gawley Plastic Surgery at 480-696-6361.